We’re Hiring – EHS Technical Systems Consultant
EHS Technical Systems Consultant
SustainIt provide EHS and sustainability consulting and support services to organisations around the world. For more than fifteen years we have been working with large corporates across various industry sectors to increase engagement, reduce operational costs and increase the success of their sustainability projects and programmes.
Our innovative solutions have successfully helped many of our clients understand and manage their data and sustainability challenges. We are now looking for someone to join our Support and Delivery team who is enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the sustainability industry. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, dynamic digital team working with global brands spanning out from Utility’s, Travel, Financial, Automotive, Technology and more.
The role – working as a member of the Support and Delivery Team, you will:
• Work across a range of customers and projects, from project inception, through execution and into on-going support
• Contribute to project proposal documents to achieve growth by connecting multiple stakeholders together into complex solutions
• Identify and provide solutions for clients with sustainability data management issues
• Be motivated to constantly be looking for new and innovative ways to support our clients. Delivering exceptional customer service is our norm
• Manage sustainability solutions including data checking, auditor liaison and global integration projects
• Take responsibility for project management and support of multiple client projects
• Provide technical support for software, including system developments and enhancements
• Undertake detailed data monitoring and investigation to improve data quality and timeliness
• Design and deliver software training (internal and external)
• From time to time you may be required to travel and represent the company at key conferences and events all over the globe
Key traits we look for
• Strong organisation skills – Experience of managing multiple projects and keeping your work clearly organised is key.
• Practical – A high level working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite especially Excel
• Technical – Experience working on and delivering software implementation projects and handling large amounts of data
• Sustainability – A knowledge of an area of sustainability will be essential – you need to understand what our customers are talking about!
• High attention to detail – You sweat the small stuff and take care in your work so that you deliver to a consistently excellent standard (One of our company values is Accuracy).
• Innovative – Driven to learn new things and keep up to date with the advances of the industry
• Strong communication – Our clients think of us as an extension of their team, so clear communication is key!
• Proactive – Keen to take responsibility and get things done. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in
What do you possess?
• Several years’ experience in major EHS systems such as Enablon or CR360, or in major ERP or other enterprise-wide systems
• Demonstrable skills in using data to effect business change. Knowledge of data extraction and visualisation techniques and tools would be an advantage
• Working knowledge of software implementation projects and project support
• The ability to easily move between multiple projects and types of work
• A professional and enthusiastic work ethic with a keen interest in continuous improvement
• Strong numeracy skills, an excellent eye for detail and an above average level of skills in MS Excel
• A history and/or interest in working across environmental/sustainability sectors
Currently our full team is working from home and have adapted quickly to being totally remote. We will continue to be predominantly remote but have a central small office in Bristol. You will be expected to spend at least 1 working day in our office (more if you would prefer).
• Salary dependant on experience (£26-28k)
• Flexible working hours and location (Homeworking/central Bristol office)
• 22 days holiday plus 1 day off for your birthday, plus bank holidays totals 31 days
• Additional day of annual leave per each completed year of service (up to 3 additional days)
• Cycle to work scheme with annual bicycle service
• Pension contribution
• Personal development opportunities
And some of the fun stuff…
• Team lunches
• End of the month Quiz
• Frothy coffee mornings
• Annual staff away days including group volunteering days
• 2 days of paid volunteering time for a charity of your choice
• Team challenges with a variety of prizes (September 2020 includes 300 miles cycling and/or walk 202,000 steps)
If you are interested in the role, please get in touch with a CV and covering letter including the following:
• Why you think you would be great for the job
• What you could bring to the team (try and think outside the box for this one)
• Give us a brief overview of a project you have worked on that you feel most proud of and why.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org – please include your notice period (or available start date) and your salary expectations. Applications without covering letters will not be considered at this stage. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the technology industry. We are a Disability Confident Committed Employer.